Monday, December 31, 2007

 

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Well, it is 12:30 am, January 1, 2008. It has been almost a year since my last post. I can only say that much has happened in my life and ministry since my last post. I would just say that I thank the Lord our God that He has been with me and my family through it all. To God be the Glory! I am excited about the New Year and all the possibilities. I know this: God is sovereign and He is in charge. That brings my much joy and blessing. I pray it does for you too.

I would like to say that I'm going to be more faithful in every area of my life for the Lord. Is that a New Year's resolution? No, it's a prayer to God to help me to be more faithful. I know a couple of things for sure about what the Lord has done in my life this past year. He has brought me closer to Him and more aware of His purpose for my life. There are other areas of my life that are doing much better also, not only for my good, but for God's glory. May we all listen more carefully and act more faithfully to the voice of God.

We began the New Year with several of our church members here at Dunn Baptist Church. We had a good crowd come and go during the evening. I thank God for each and every one of them. Of course, we began the year in prayer. What a marvelous time of fellowship we have together.

Of course we also want to commit ourselves to even more time in prayer and to read God's Word through once again this year. (If you have never done so, please make that commitment to yourself and to God right now). Another thing we are going to do together this year is that several of us are going to gather together at 6 am one morning a week a read theology together. I have had several people tell me that they would like to do that. We are going to use Wayne Grudem's Biblical Theology If you would like to join us, let me know. I can order the book for you for $25 or you can get it yourself. We'll set the time in just a few days.

That's all for now. I know anyone reading this will be playing catch-up because you will not know that I have started blogging again for a couple of days at least. Hope you enjoy it. And remember to encourage me to keep blogging.

Have and Blessed and Happy New Year everyone!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?