Wednesday, May 24, 2006

 

Later Spring/Early Summer

Where Have Your Been?
I'm back. No excuses, just been doing a lot of thinking and praying lately. I'm trying to figure out who I am in the Lord Jesus. You ever been there. We think we have it all figured out and then something or somethings happen to change our minds. Well, it's happened.....again. It just confirms that God IS at work in me. And that's a good thing. Sometimes.....many times.... we may not like where that takes us, but we go nonetheless. It is exciting and frightening at the same time. God encourages us to hang in there. He IS in control and we WILL arrive at the correct destination, maybe not in the exact way that we have planned or when we have it planned, but God will complete what HE started. Hey, isn't that a bible verse. Oh yeah, my favorite one. Did I forget? Philippians 1:6: "He that began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." Incidently, Paul began that verse by saying, "I am confident of this very thing...."

God's Promises Never Fail
We can be confident that If God started the work, He WILL perfect the work. Let's see, did God start a work in me? Yeap, I remember it well and there IS evidence that He is in my life, so yes He did start the work. And I know that His promises never fail, therefore, I know that since He did start the work, He is going to perfect or complete the work. So far, so good. It's that inbetween part that scares me. Doesn't it scare you? Lord help my faithless ness. Help me to completely trust in You. Okay, today I'm trusting. I'm not going to worry about tomorrow or condemn myself for yesterday. I'm trusting you today. Please take care of me!

How's The Weather
Up till now, we've had a great spring. But as we get closer to summer, the days get hotter. I just wished those spring days would hang around a little longer. We got all of our screens today. So, all the windows are open. But, it's almost too late to enjoy open window time. We'll just enjoy them as long as we can....before we have to turn on that air-conditioner.

Ballgames
Micah has been playing ball every Monday and Thursday for over a month now. His team, the Red Sox, are doing pretty well. Jason Nielsen's team, the Yankees, are in first place. They are undefeated. Congratulations guys! Our Red Sox are in second place with one defeat and that to the Yankees. Our second game with them was rained out three weeks ago. The Red Sox and the Yankees play tomorrow night at 6 PM. What a game it should be. Go teams!

Vacation Bible School
VBS is coming up very soon. We're excited about it. It's going to be an Artic Adventure. I hope everyone has planned on being there. If you have not, especially if you are a kid, mark you calendars for June 19. We're going to have a great time.

Current Studies
I'm going to be preaching a short series on the office of the Deacon. We are going to begin the process of setting aside several men for consideration as a deacon. I'm going to preach on the need and the requirements for the Deaconate.

Also continuing our studies throught the Revelation. This Sunday we will be in Revelation 5, The worship of the Lamb. What an exciting subject. Please join us.

Everyone have a great day in the Lord and hope to see you tonight at Prayer Meeting. God bless you greatly.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?