Wednesday, March 15, 2006

 

Watching The Garden Grow... and other things

Spring Fever
It is definitely spring time in the south. I know, spring doesn't offically start until the 20th, but it sure feels like spring, doesn't it. Warm days followed by some rain followed by some cool weather only to warm up again. Such is springtime in the south. I love it! It brings to mind those days of childhood for me. My two brothers and I grew up in the country more or less about 8 miles south of Bastrop. There was nothing but pasture land all around us. It was wonderful to be able to finally get out and walk those pastures withouth the burden of a coat. What wonderful days they were. But, they were really no more wonderful that today is. As someone once said, "Today is the first day of the rest of my life." And right that person was. We have some wonderful memories and some not so wonderful memories that we carry with us. Those days themselves are gone, never to be lived again....no matter how hard we may try to do so. I know I can't, because my body tells me I can't. But, NOW are the best days of our lives... today is the day we have enjoyed and tommorow is the days to which I look forward.

Working in the Yard
Anita and I spent a little time today working in the yard out at her dad and mom's old place. How we love to do that. It is tiring but very satisfying. It just doesn't make sense. In the paragraph above I was speaking of those wonderful days as a child. Yard work was just that, work. There was nothing satisfying about it. I guess you could even say that I hated it. How much difference a few years can make, can it not? Anyway, it was good to get back to it. My back held up wonderfully. I'll be careful, I promise. So much needs to be done. And it is a constant battle with the weeds and vines, isn't it. I know you know what I'm talking about. We'll keep working till the work is done, whenever that is. Next winter I guess.

Revelation Study
I am continuing to enjoy my preparations for both our Discipleship Training Class and our worship service as I preach through the Book of Revelation. I hope many of you are keeping up on your own studies. This week I'll be preaching from Revelation 2:12-17. That is the section in which the Lord Jesus tell the church at Pergamos that He knows all about them, as He does all of His churches. The church at Pergamos was the wordly church. We'll be hearing how the world can creep into our church life and our daily lives. I pray that I can get more of the world out of my daily life and live it for Jesus. To Him be the honor and glory for ever and ever.

Everyone have a blessed evening. It's time for Prayer meeting. I hope to see you there!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?