Sunday, February 05, 2006

 

Enter the World of Blog

Enter the World of Blog

My First Post
I was reading an email the other day on one of the journals which I get online. The article was talking about the effectiveness of "blogs" for pastors and the ministry. It said that "blogs" are wonderful tools of communication. A blog is simply an online journal. This article said that a pastor can share with their congregations what is happening in their lives, making them more transparent. In other words, you, our church members, can see into our lives. I'm not sure that I want people looking into our lives. They may just see how very human that we are. I've said before, if you think that the pastor's family life is always just wonderful, follow us home one day, hang around and see what happens. Anyway, this can be a good thing. Just don't think that I'm going to tell you EVERYTHING.

I can also share and remind you, the reader, of upcoming church events and prayer requests and other church happenings. If you don't want me to tell everyone of a particular prayer request or event, be sure and remind me when you share your request with me......did that make any sense? Yeah, I understood every word of it.

I will be improving and adding to this page as we go, including pictures of family and other events. Who knows, I may even add YOUR picture. You never can tell. So, keep posted.

Anita and I attended Eran and Misty's Wedding Today
Eran Robinson and Misty Holmes were married today at Evangeline Baptist Church in Wildsville, Louisiana yesterday. Anita and I rode down there with Button and Jean Cooper and Jessie & Gena Nielsen. It was a great trip and a wonderful wedding. And hey, the steak we enjoyed didn't hurt a thing, did it guys. Congratulations Eran and Misty!

January Bible Study
I had a great time the first part of this week teaching the Book of Nehemiah at FBC Oak Grove. I believe that those who attended the study had a great and informative time; I know that I had a great time. Thanks for having me Oak Grove! I will also be teaching the JBS at FBC Tallulah beginning Sunday February 12. I will also begin preaching through the Book of Nehemiah very soon. We had a great time a few weeks ago when Bro. Jimmy Harper came and presented the over-view for us, didn't we. Great job Jim! We really appreciate you.

Brenda and Timothy Thomas Have Twins!
For those of you who have not heard, the Thomas' had twin girls on Thursday. Congratulations to Timothy andBrenda and all the family. Brenda should be released Sunday, but the twins will stay for about another week. We'll be praying for you!

Supper Bowl Sunday
I usually don't pay too much attention to who is in the Super Bowl. I do know that it is Super Bowl Sunday and that Seattle and Pittsburg are in it. I don't have a clue as to who will win it and it really doesn't matter to me, although it does to my daughter-in-law. Monica is from Tacoma, so she is going to root for the home team. Go Seahawks. Meanwhile, baseball spring training will begin later this month. Maybe, just maybe we will go see a Rangers or Astros game. What do you say Jessie?

May the Lord bless you all abundantly
Hope to see you each and every Lord's Day! Stay focused... keep your eyes on Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?